Stepko

Experienced Rocker

• Members

• 195 posts
  • Shuffled since:2011
  • Listens to:Hardstyle
  • Also does:DnB

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

I came at this point, that i want to learn another dance and fuse it with my shuffle. So for now i am considering

Bribasbane stomp(really like how you can cover more space,spin is awesome,can get really creative with it)

Hakken (it looks like i can add lot of variety in shuffle,with those on the spot movements, but i really don't like hardcore, other than happy hardcore, so idk)

Jumpstyle (Good style and everything, but again, idk. Would it be good if i just took some twist and spins from this one?)

Can you share your views and expirience about this one? Any advice is welcome :)

#2 OliverSide

OliverSide

Veteran Rocker

• Members

• 1,361 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

If many guys have already mastered more than 2 dances you named in your post (eg, MS and hakken) but nobody have tried to merge it before is for some reasons and i think just this is a good answer for why you can forget this idea... :)

For dnb-step and hakken, the basic steps are done one move for every beat comparing to MS where you do 2 quicker moves, in such the MS goes on slower tempo (120-160 bpm) to make the 2 moves look good VS dnb-step and hakken goes on faster edm music (160-180 bpm). To put more weight on this affirmation, i already tried myself for fun and because the basic is so different that creates a sloppy dance where you switch from slow moves to fast moves or from a dance to another but nothing is merged. To finish you could hakken on dnb and you can dnb-step on hardcore that goes well ie same speed of music (stubborn peeps will say a big no no). I think jumpstyle and brisbane stomp goes in the same direction about 1 vs 2 moves for 1kick/1beat/1time in a mesure.

What i have seen that goes well with the shuffle for now is :
- Hardstep/krocha (cause its really similar and the basic is also 2 moves for a beat)
- Some hip hop related "slower" dances like c-walk (cause you can ride many forms of music with this dance), TopRock (goes really well imo), Jerking (what you could see in the Cali "style") and the Brazilian FreeStep (wich is near c-walking but have his own form to suite more house music)
- Tricking (witch is not a dance but an art, MAS shufflers are doing a lot but adapted to the dance tempo)
- and many upperbody dances such as electro(tecktonik)/liquid/popping/waving/tutting/industrial...

If you merge those dances with the shuffle, your dance will stay the Melbourne Shuffle with someother dance moves integrated in... is it fantastic XD

If you wanna give a try with the faster edm dances do it but your biggest challenge will be to remain consistant.

:)

#3 Stepko

Stepko

Experienced Rocker

• Members

• 195 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

Thank you Oliver, you are right i didn't really think this through. Music speed is very big problem, and i can see now there are more errors in my approach to this. However, would't it be possible to take, some moves from these styles and use them in your shuffle? Like some spins and jumps and what not...? :)

#4 OliverSide

OliverSide

Veteran Rocker

• Members

• 1,361 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

yeah, surelly !!! if you feel it right and everything remain together. What you have to aim is the MS with variation moves taken from different dances, not different dances merged together. I have tried to add the basic move from hakken in my shuffle but totally failed (in fact, that have helped me a lot to get my RM smoother). In the opposite, my own shuffle consist of the two basic moves + multiple moves derivated from different dances like C-walk and hardstep + arm moves from electro, liquid and industrial...

I had the same idea last year so this is just the analyse that have resulted after having learned some moves from x-outing and hakken... doing those moves at 130-140bpm is similar to do a t-step at 100bpm... a little boring...

If you gonna add spin-jumps like in Brisbane Stomp, you could not be wrong imo...

#5 Dante

Dante

Veteran Rocker

• Members

• 1,740 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Shuffled since:2007
  • Listens to:Trance
  • Also does:Tecktonik, Liquid, DnB

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

Use the music speed as a way for you to experiment more. Learn the moves of other dances, then try to incorporate them in your dance to a fast BPM. Try to make it work.

Experiment, experiment, experiment. This is what I like to see from people.
"In my world... There are dangers and bloodshed and death. And that makes you a man."
"I sometimes feel that I am the dark subconscious of the whole human race."

I want the human race and everything created by it to disappear. No religion, no governments, no wars, no science, no technology, no money, no conflicts, no wars, no stupidity, no greed, no demands, no corruption, nothing. The world would truly be a peaceful place.

Ignore & Forget.

#6 Stepko

Stepko

Experienced Rocker

• Members

• 195 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

@Oliver:That is what i had in mind. Thought originated from that, that i didn't know what to do in my RM. So i already started using some moves that i used in my dnb step. My RM is becoming more smooth and better in all.

@Dante:Will try that. You along Oliver always give good advices, so i will come back when i advance more. Experimentation is important part of everything in life, and it of course apply to MS :) .

#7 Jake Galli

Jake Galli

Young Melbournian rocker

• Members

• 425 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia. u jelly?
  • Shuffled since:2010
  • Listens to:Hardcore
  • Also does:Liquid, Brisbane Stomp

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

From what i've learnt, you can throw the Melbourne Shuffle into your Brisbane Stomp when dancing to hardcore (160-180bpm), simply just half time your moves :)
"Sometimes its the people you know the least who give you the most hope."
Shuffling since August 2010.
Raving since, well, I got to wait till Feburary 2013 for that :P
ANoobShuffler:
"It's ironic that I can advise other people on the things I cannot do myself." Respect you man
Chriztii:
"I recon if you can be totally happy and feel free and amazing sober then you're lucky.. and I used to feel like that all the time"
<3 you Christi
AnythingButHuman:
"The Melbourne Shuffle has been around for many years before LMFAO and as soon as you give off the impression you invented it, you try and define it or sell it you're gonna piss a lot of people off."

Posted ImageRespect to Greagsby

#8 #BrisbaneStomp

#BrisbaneStomp

• Members

• 1 posts
  • Shuffled since:2006
  • Listens to:Hardcore
  • Also does:Liquid, Brisbane Stomp

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:32 PM

Yeah you guys are pretty much on the money, Stomp is designed for jumps, kicks, drops, flips and what ever other trick you can pull off, UK hardcore 170-180bpm and definatly takes it out of you quick if you havent danced in a while, Practice is key! Hardstyle is boring as hell to stomp to so thats when i started shuffling more with stomp but personally hate hardstyle these days. Same beat, speed and song structure ><

Like any style used these days if your not good at it you seem to be judged on it and the style itself which is silly, I fell for that one myself when sydney started hakken untill i saw a couple of really good hakkas. Never judge a style based on the majority of lesser expierienced dancers in one style and keep your eye out for that one or 2 sic dancers :P A style of dance would never have developed into a name and craze if no one mastered it, and made it look amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In