ChristineRose

True Rocker

• Members

• 634 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA
  • Shuffled since:2009
  • Listens to:Trance

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:02 AM

Your kicks don't hit the beats, it's almost as if you're just flicking them quickly. You look a bit to much like you're concentrating, try feel the music a bit more rather then strain yourself which also reflects on your stiff upperbody.

Keep it up and goodluck in your tryout
"Sometimes its the people you know the least who give you the most hope." - Jake Galli

#4 Guest_txpc_*

Guest_txpc_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

View PostHappy Feet, on 01 October 2011 - 02:00 AM, said:

You're off a bit. Also socks + wooden floor = No no
Other than that, it looks pretty good.
What's wrong with socks and wooden floor?

#5 ChristineRose

ChristineRose

True Rocker

• Members

• 634 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:28 PM

View Posttxpc, on 01 October 2011 - 09:52 AM, said:

What's wrong with socks and wooden floor?

you know, all your posts seem to just be negative on other members.. and he's just giving this guy some advice on shuffling on a smooth surface, less likely he'll be able to shuffle on concrete at events etc.. it's always good to learn on a harder surface.
"Sometimes its the people you know the least who give you the most hope." - Jake Galli

#6 Guest_txpc_*

Guest_txpc_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

View PostChriztii, on 01 October 2011 - 01:28 PM, said:

you know, all your posts seem to just be negative on other members.. and he's just giving this guy some advice on shuffling on a smooth surface, less likely he'll be able to shuffle on concrete at events etc.. it's always good to learn on a harder surface.
how am i being negative when the other guy is having a go at this guy shuffling with socks on the floor?

that's how i started off, and you can counteract concrete at events by using duct tape.

#7 Guest_shufflinwizard_*

Guest_shufflinwizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

View Posttxpc, on 01 October 2011 - 04:50 PM, said:

how am i being negative when the other guy is having a go at this guy shuffling with socks on the floor?

that's how i started off, and you can counteract concrete at events by using duct tape.
But if you put duct tape on your shoes then, when it wears off it will be sticky and harder to shuffle with

#8 Guest_txpc_*

Guest_txpc_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

no

#9 ChristineRose

ChristineRose

True Rocker

• Members

• 634 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:24 AM

View Posttxpc, on 01 October 2011 - 10:33 PM, said:

no

yeh well it's his opinion and his advice.. you can't just post on a video and said no your advice is wrong rofl.

#10 Guest_txpc_*

Guest_txpc_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:48 AM

View PostChriztii, on 02 October 2011 - 12:24 AM, said:

yeh well it's his opinion and his advice.. you can't just post on a video and said no your advice is wrong rofl.
i never said it was wrong, i just don't see why shuffling with socks on wooden floor is bad? so you can 'train' for concrete floors?

im better than 99% of the people on this board yet i did socks+wooden floor, what now

#11 tantalis

tantalis

• Members

• 47 posts
  • Locationhighland lakes

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:20 AM

good feetwork for the most part, a little stiff and offbeat at times so my advice to u is to just relax. gl with your tryout. dont mind the socks thing people are just trolls.
Posted Image
i fell in love with this sig

#12 XxAndyxX

XxAndyxX

• Members

• 9 posts
  • Shuffled since:2011
  • Listens to:Hardstyle
  • Also does:Cwalking

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for the advice guys :D.

And the reason why I shuffled on wooden floor with socks on is because if I don't, my feet will burn in a few seconds. The wooden floor in my house isn't exactly smooth. It's kinda grippy-sh.

#13 OliverSide

OliverSide

Veteran Rocker

• Members

• 1,361 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

i want to see a vid of txpc pleashhhh

also its recognised that if you learn with socks on tile or wooden floor you could learn wrongly the RM like doing slides with your feet instead of hops. I like to shuffle outside with shoes, the grip help me to do some tricks and spins, indoor with socks its to slippery for me.

Andy, i don't know you are shuffling for how long. I will try give you some tips other than shuffling in shoes on concrete :
- first, you are clearly doing hardstyle shuffle but while doing this you are not obligated to do only left-to-right... you could go in any direction back or forth and changing direction...
- you are doing the basic + basic spins + the Sacco tripple kick, try to do something new, other kicks, other moves, learn some slides, some spins. New moves and good technic is what crews are "generally" looking at when watching try-outs.
- arms : try to always put them in the rythme cause for now its like a on and off between moving them or not moving them... be constent
- straighten your back and look 3-5 meters away
- you are doing a lil of this but i think you could add a lil more, the torso flex/ext movements. When you are raising your knee, flex your torso, when you put down your foot, extend it.

hope that help

#14 Sam

Sam

Liquid shuffle is best shuffle.

• Mentor

• 213 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta.
  • Listens to:Dance
  • Also does:Liquid

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

I don't think txpc was in the wrong for asking why wearing socks was bad, the post he quoted literally said "Don't wear socks." imo that isn't helpful as it doesn't tell him why.

The video looks good man, nothing I can add that hasn't been said, good luck with the tryout and practice on concrete as it will come in handy.

Warning: Quality post directly above.

#15 Spazm

Spazm

Experienced Rocker

• Members

• 141 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:46 AM

You wont see a vid of txpc.  He's got the same outlook as me.  When it comes down to it, either I cant be fucked, I'm not interested, or dont need to post a video.  And am sure as hell not going to upload one just because someone wants to see / call me out.

But back on topic - socks on wooden floor, is considered practice.  And if you want this to be a "tryout vid" it doesnt exactly demonstrate your skill.  Your upper body was stale and had cookiecutter movements.

Oh, and dont even get me started on this HSR shit.
Just because a person goes to a party, does not mean that they "Party", yet simply they are at a party.
Respectively, just because someone goes to a rave, does not mean they Rave.

#16 ChristineRose

ChristineRose

True Rocker

• Members

• 634 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

View Posttxpc, on 02 October 2011 - 01:48 AM, said:

i never said it was wrong, i just don't see why shuffling with socks on wooden floor is bad? so you can 'train' for concrete floors?

im better than 99% of the people on this board yet i did socks+wooden floor, what now

Oh sorry, wasn't aware i was talking to a shuffle legend ;) .. and if someone posts a video for help then people are ganna post what they think is helpful. He thought that saying shuffling on wooden floors is bad, as helpful. =/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In